All donations must be made by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on December 31st to be counted for the current tax year.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is located on the East Coast and operates on EST, so all donations and tax receipts are dated accordingly. However, if you are in a different time zone, the email itself which contains your tax receipt should be time stamped according to your location.
All mailed in checks must be postmarked by December 31 and received by 7 days later.
If your donation is received after the deadline, you'll receive a tax credit for the subsequent year instead.
Articles in this section
- How do I get a tax receipt for my donation?
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
- What is your EIN (Tax ID) number?
- Is my donation tax-deductible outside of the U.S.?
- I'm donating from outside the U.S. online. Is there an additional transaction fee involved?
- What's your refund policy?
- What's the deadline to get tax credit for the current calendar year?