After you create a fundraising page, you can edit its details and personalize the content.
Open your editor
Visit your fundraising page and tap on the Manage button. It will be at the top-right of the screen on a desktop or laptop and at the bottom-right of the banner image for mobile devices.
The first thing you see when you open the editor is the Overview tab. From here, you can view some cards with suggested next steps and access other content tabs. There are 2 content tabs that control the appearance and details of your fundraising page: the Story tab and the Details tab.
If this is your first time viewing the editor, we recommend completing the cards. They will help you edit your Story, make the first donation to your page, and ask for donations from friends and family. If you’ve already completed the cards, use the other sections in this guide to edit your page.
Edit your Story
Your Story is the main content that appears on your fundraising page. To edit the content, tap on the Story tab and make your changes in the text block. Hit Save when you’re finished to save your edits.
If you’re using a desktop or laptop, you can add photos, videos, and links with the tools at the bottom of the text block. Need some inspiration? Share why the cause is important to you and how it has a beneficial impact.
Use updates to keep friends and family engaged with your fundraising progress. You can share a picture about your goal, share something about the nonprofit you’re proud of, or do something for donations (ex. pushups, running a mile).
To post updates, open the Story tab and select Updates. From here you can use the Create New button to post a new update or click the three dots on an existing post to edit it.
Edit your details
The Details tab is where you can edit the key details of your fundraising page such as your profile picture and fundraising goal. Simply make the edits you need and hit the Save Changes button when you’re finished. We explain what you can change below:
- Profile Picture
- Use the Upload button to change your profile picture. You can also use the Remove button to remove your picture and use the default picture that the nonprofit chose.
- Fundraiser Nickname
- This is the name that will display on your fundraising page.
- Page Headline
- This is the headline that appears on your fundraising page. We recommend keeping it short and sweet.
- Fundraising end date
- This should be the date that you plan to stop fundraising. If you plan to fundraise without an end date, we recommend using a date that is far into the future. Note that access to your page will still end if the nonprofit chooses to end their fundraiser.
- Set the amount you plan on raising. If you reach your goal early, we recommend increasing your goal for an even greater challenge and impact.
- Vanity URL
- This is simply a shorter version of your fundraising page’s website address. Short URLs are easier to share and look nicer on social media.
Fundraising notifications are sent to the email you used when creating your Classy account. The notifications are designed to keep you up-to-date on your fundraising activity. Toggle them on or off to control your preferences and hit Save Changes.
- Comments on my fundraising page
- You’ll receive this notification when someone comments on your fundraising page. This ensures you’ll know when to comment back to keep your donors engaged.
- Donations on my fundraising page
- When someone donates to your fundraising page, you’ll receive this notification. This ensures you can thank donors for their gifts.
- Encouragement emails
- When you reach a certain percentage of your goal or a specific amount, you’ll receive an encouragement email. You’ll only receive these notifications if the organization you support uses Classy to send encouragement emails.
Delete your fundraising page
To delete your fundraising page, tap the Delete Fundraising Page button at the bottom of your Details tab. Confirm that you want to delete your page, to officially delete it. Note that once you delete your page, it cannot be recovered.
I'm done editing my page. What are the next steps?
We recommend making the first donation to your fundraising page if you haven’t already. Making the first donation demonstrates you’re invested and encourages others to join you. After that, we recommend emailing or texting your fundraising page to family and friends as well as sharing on social media.